Deaconess Hospital serves the Oklahoma City community, including Bethany, Yukon, Edmond, El Reno, Mustang, and Piedmont. Deaconess Hospital is a 291-bed, full-service acute care facility offering personalized and comprehensive health care services, including emergency services and Centers of Excellence for cancer care, cardiac care, orthopedic care, rehabilitation and wound care.
At Deaconess, our sole mission is providing outstanding healthcare with Christian compassion by highly trained professionals. Deaconess distinctively provides a comprehensive array of services and advanced technology without compromising personalized attention toward every patient who comes through our doors.
Welcome to our website, we hope you take the time to discover the Distinctively Deaconess difference that we bring to healthcare in Oklahoma City. For over 110 years, our caring team has worked to make Oklahomans healthier, happier, and hopeful. We continue that mission today with new, expanded hospital facilities, a strong network of family practice physicians throughout the region, and the best technology available in healthcare. We remain committed to providing A Legacy of Caring, A Future of Hope to all Oklahomans, past, present, and future.
Deaconess Wound Care and Hyperbarics is an outpatient service providing technically advanced program i.e., Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, and surgically-oriented, inter disciplinary outpatient care, proven effective in healing wounds that have resisted conventional therapies.
We like to think of our program as an extension of your practice. We provide the same level of quality and attentive care you give your patients, however using interdisciplinary resources that may not be readily available to you. We can save you time, money, and build patient loyalty by helping deliver excellent outcomes and improved quality of life for your patients.
- Established and proven clinical pathways with excellent outcomes
- Advanced wound healing technologies
- Panel of well respected physicians
- Podiatrist are available for foot and ankle wounds that require surgical debridement and off-loading to aid wound healing
- Interdisciplinary team approach by experienced wound care professionals
- Fully integrated comprehensive continuum of care
- JCAHO accredited for disease management
- Consistently high wound healing rates
- Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments for such things as diabetic leg wounds, radiation ulcers, chronic osteomyelitis
- Use of cultured skin products on diabetic leg wounds and venous stasis ulcers
- Debridement of wounds under local anesthesia
- Use of an Ultrasonic debrider minimizing discomfort with effective results
- Incision and drainage of small abscesses
- Treatment of spider bites and wounds associated with rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases
James Gerber, MD
Medical School: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine –
Residency: University of Oklahoma Health Science Center –
Answers from Deaconess Hospital
Videos from Deaconess Hospital